Category Archives: Community

Lyn’s Crafts community feed pulls post from popular crochet and knitting related blogs, websites, etc., and displays them here for your convenience. 

The feeds update each night and new post are listed here automatically. 

Now you can keep up with the latest patterns, trends, and news here. It is quick, convenient and easy to use. 

How to Crochet: Stretch-Free Cord

Sometimes you need a cord to complete a crochet project. Recently I was making a bag that needed a drawstring, and I couldn’t find a stitch that worked. The trouble is that crochet is stretchy by nature and sometimes you need a non-stretchy cord. So I experimented for a while and came up with an […]

Free Crochet Pattern: Grape Cluster Favor Bag

After designing the Carrot Favor Bag and the Strawberry Favor Bag, I couldn’t stop myself from thinking of more. Although a grape cluster bag would be unique I was certain the design would be challenging. How could I design it so that it looked like a cluster of grapes and not just another purple bag? […]

Free Crochet Pattern: Prairie Poncho

I really enjoy crocheting things I see on TV or in movies. It’s great for inspiration and it’s fun to wear what your favorite characters wear. The main character, Prairie, on Netflix’s original series The OA wears a crochet poncho in one episode, and I wanted to make one for myself. The finished poncho is […]

30% OFF Granny Ripple Blanket Crochet Pattern

Now 30% OFF in the Crochet Spot Store, if you love granny squares and ripple blankets, you’ll love this combination granny ripple blanket! Ripple patterns are so much fun because they create a neat zigzag chevron pattern with very little effort. This stitch pattern is inspired by the open work of a granny square, which […]

Free Crochet Pattern: Stars & Stripes Pennant Bunting

I love a chance to decorate. Frankly, I’m not sure what I like more, celebrating the holiday or the opportunity to decorate! With Independence Day coming up it’s time to get out the Red, White, and Blue, am I right? If you’re a handmade fanatic like me then the Stars & Stripes Pennant Bunting is […]

Linky Ladies Community Link Party #163

Are you ready for another fun Link Party?           Welcome to the Linky Ladies Party!  This is a fiber arts Bi-weekly community link party and is live from Tuesday at 12:00 am (PST), ending on Saturday at 12:00 pm (PST). Show off your talent by linking up your finished crochet & […]

Linky Ladies Community Link Party #162

Are you ready for another fun Link Party?           Welcome to the Linky Ladies Party!  This is a fiber arts Bi-weekly community link party and is live from Tuesday at 12:00 am (PST), ending on Saturday at 12:00 pm (PST). Show off your talent by linking up your finished crochet & […]

Free Crochet Pattern: Stars and Stripes Slippers

This is the seventh in the Slipper Of The Month series. You see a few years ago, I did an experiment. I designed a basic hat and named it the Chameleon Hat. Each month I modified it in keeping with the season or holiday for that month. It was a lot of fun and a […]

Crochet Finds: Crochet Cords, Strings and Such!

Pin this Crochet Cord resource for later!     One of the things I love about crochet is that there are several ways to make things and crochet cords are no exception. So for example, there are so many options for tote bag handles, or drawstring cords, that you could go for a long time […]

Pompom Party: Strawberries & Cream Pompom Garland

LoveCrochet | SewYeah is back for the ultimate Summer Strawberries & Cream moment with this fabulous pompom garland.  So Summer has certainly arrived – right now I can’t fathom Wimbledon being rained off for even one day but then who knows with the fickle English weather. To celebrate my favourite sporting competition I’ve created this cute little […]