Category Archives: Community

Lyn’s Crafts community feed pulls post from popular crochet and knitting related blogs, websites, etc., and displays them here for your convenience. 

The feeds update each night and new post are listed here automatically. 

Now you can keep up with the latest patterns, trends, and news here. It is quick, convenient and easy to use. 

OttLite Restore LED Desk Lamp Giveaway

With the OttLite Restore LED Desk Lamp, industrial design meets ClearSun LED technology for a unique and beautiful light that will make your eyes happy in two ways! And I get to give one away on Moogly! Disclaimer: Materials provided by OttLite, all opinions are my own. An OttLite for Every Room I have OttLite… […]

September News: Colorwork, Ganseys, Faux-Fur, and more!

Even though fall is just around the corner, we’re more than a little excited to debut an abundance of new colors of some of our favorite cotton yarns for all of you cool cotton lovers. We’re also ecstatic to introduce our first-ever faux-fur yarn, Fable Fur! It’s an ultra-plush premium acrylic yarn that is destined […]

Staff Projects: Hats for Days

Warning: if you are anti-sneak peeks, then do NOT read this blog post until 9/4/19. If you DO love getting the yarny deets before anyone else, then read on! Several of our staff members spent these last days of summer making a whole lot of hats using new yarn colors (!) that won’t be released […]

Free Downloadable September Calendar

September to me is the month when things finally, finally start getting cozy again. Don’t get me wrong – I love a good summer day as much as the next human. But there will always be something special about the first chilly days of the year when you can grab a blanket, curl up, and […]

Choosing The Right Cotton Yarn For Your Projects

This time of year, cotton and cotton blends are often the go-to yarn of choice for many knitters – knitting or crocheting a lap full of wool in warm weather is not pleasant! However, swapping out a cotton yarn for wool isn’t as simple as it sounds. Cotton yarns have unique characteristics and properties that […]

Podcast 305: Perfect Pairs

It’s time to celebrate our favorite season-less knit, SOCKS! The perfect portable project, we always have a pair on our needles between larger projects. There’s really nothing better than a pair of hand knit socks for gifting OR wearing. This week we dive into our new Simply Socks pattern collection. After years printing collections of […]

Warm Weather Projects – Dishcloths!

What are knitters and crocheters to do during the hot summer days, when a heavy wool project is just way too much to handle? Easy breezy cotton dishcloths! These small projects are perfect for a quick satisfying knit without weighing you down, and whether you’re fan of lace, cables, colorwork or all the above, we […]

Podcast 304: Sweaters, sweaters, sweaters!

This episode is all about the mysteries and intricacies of sweater knitting! First, we’ve launched a brand new, wonderfully tweedy sweater pattern collection, Everyday Rustic. Stacey and Lee share their favorite patterns as well as a little behind the scenes peek into making this collection. To go along with our sweater theme, Stacey and Hannah […]

Tutorial: Triple-Stranding from One Yarn Ball

This is a very easy technique I’ve used oh-so-many times over the years, being a lover of heavier yarn weights. It’s perfect for using lace weight yarn to make anything that isn’t lace, or using sock yarn in place of an aran or bulky weight. I’ve even used this technique with worsted and aran weight […]

About Our Wool

Wool—one of nature’s most versatile fibers. Naturally sourced from mammals such as sheep or goats, wool is a protein fiber known for its uncanny ability to withstand a great deal of use. Among its laundry list of beneficial attributes, wool boasts antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, while remaining breathable, insulating, cooling, and also water resistant. It’s […]